A little bit dark perhaps, it was late night when I took the photograph. And I only have my cell phone, because I’ve left my camera at my daughters house in Tønsberg. I’m really looking forvard to get it back, because although the camera in my cell phone has 5 megapixels, it is not good in close-ups. I really miss the macro-function on my old digital camera.
Earlier this year, I dyed some fabrics and embrodery thread. One of these pieces, I made a little sample of, also using Shiva Paintsticks to stencill on some flowers. Then I quilted the piece, and finished with a lot of french knots. My embrodery-thread was in the same dye-bath as the fabric. I decided to try a softer batting, and that was a disaster. Almost impossible to freehandquilt. But it ended as a nice little quilt though, ever with the uneven quilting. And at last I managed to get a picture of it.